Monday, February 18, 2013

Blog #4

"Man Makes Failed Attempt to Climb Out Eighth Story Window with Bed-Sheet Rope After Wife Locks Him in Bedroom" By Neetzan Zimmerman http://gawker.com/5985138/man-makes-failed-attempt-to-climb-out-eighth-story-window-with-bed+sheet-rope-after-wife-locks-him-in-bedroom  In his article he explains that a man was trying to escape out of his apartment window 8 stories up from the ground by tying bed sheets together for a rope to climb down the side of the building. When the man fell the last 7 stories, he landed on a bush covered in snow and was able to walk away to a park ambulance down the street from where he fell. A police officer said that the man was trying to run away from his wife who was psycho and the only way he could escape was by going out the window and all he wanted to do was see his friends.

After reading this article, I still don't understand why anybody would have the courage to tie bed sheets together just to escape their wife. Also, when I first read this, I thought the author wrote the title of this article just to be funny, but as we can see here, the author was serious about what they meant. This shows that people do stupid things all the time and the media catches attention of it, and makes it a huge headline story.

2 comments:

  1. I personally think people do things for attention like you said, to be funny. Or people don't think of or about the consequences of their actions. They live to much in the moment. But in this case that guy is pathetic by all his actions.Yeah this story isn't funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, I do not know how anybody could possibly even attempt this. It is insanity, well at least in my opinion. I think that there is other ways to escape from someone who is "pyscho". I personally would have just left my wife and left somewhere if I were in his situation. But everyone deals with things in their own ways, and that was his. Which still doesn't justify how dumb and selfish that is.

    ReplyDelete